Sunday, July 03, 2005

So easy for some, so difficult for others

I went to a Fourth of July weekend BBQ (surprise surprise) and had excellent burgers and chicken. You gotto love going to a place where people take pride in making things from scratch. Anyway, it was at the house of my old college roommate. Such a cute place and there were a lot of people that I had not seen probably since college 11 or so years ago. Great to see people but depressing to realize that I was the only one that came with another single friend. Everyone else is married.

Ok, ok, I know that this is not so uncommon among people in their 30s, but what I would love to understand is why is this so easy for some people and so difficult for others? I think that not only I, but also all my other single girlfriends are awesome catches! Are we too smart? Too put together? Too determined? Or is it the pressure of society making me think that I am late to the game? Personally, I feel like the last question is the most honest. I do want to share my life with someone and have a family, but it is only recently that I feel that it is time to look for it. I have lived so much of my life in ways that people only dream of. I would not give any of that up. So back off society and men --- there are still some great women out there, but they might not be available if you don't act fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home