Monday, June 20, 2005

the beginning or the end...

As I join the era of bloggers I wonder if this is a beginning or an end...

I know it is a beginning to becoming yet more integrated into the big WWW, however, it could be an end to that extra 15-30 minutes I yearn for. Oh well, as I learned this past weekend at a search engine seminar (STOMP the Search Engines), this skill will only further enhance my ability to become a overly successful Internet Marketer. YIPPEE!

So, some interesting things I learned this weekend that do not relate to search engines (isn't that information for another blog???)...

ATL is not only the airport code for Atlanta, but it is how ALL Hotlantians refer to the place they are from! The first time I came across this was in Miami when 2 dorkish type dudes approached 2 of my A-list girlfriends. As we are in our 30s... we do not judge quickly. But, when reference was made that they were from the "ATL"... it was the end of their chances! And how should we respond? We are from the DCA, sometimes IAD, preferably not the BWI in the MIA??? Yea, I knew you would agree with the ridiculousness of it :). But, sad to say, my sister, who has lived in the ATL for the last couple years confirmed that it was a common association and everyone refers to themselves as being from ATL. I am at a loss of words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home